One of my favourite activities at Bath in Fashion is attending the fashion talks and book signings. They’re very intimate and quite personal. Last year I went to see Manolo Blahnik interviewed by Iain R Webb (this picture is from the book signing) and Stephen Jones interviewed by Sarah Mower. Stephen Jones had also curated an exclusive exhibition at the Holburne Museum. Bath in Fashion offers some amazing world class events that would rival any fashion capital. This year there are quite a few fashion talks
- Looking at the Wardrobe of the King of Pop – a talk by Michael Bush, the genius behind the Michael Jackson’s costumes
- The Jacobean Catwalks: Fashion and Faces at the Court of King James – Sir Roy Strong, former Director of the V&A and the National Portrait Gallery, discusses the complexity portrayed in the special exhibition at the Holburne of portraits of court costume
- Beautiful Freaks: From Blitz Kids to BLITZ magazine – Bath based fashion author, Iain R Webb, discusses his latest book, “As Seen in Blitz” which chronicles the 80s fashion scene
- Talks at Topping & Company book store with Kaffe Fasset,
- Sasha Wilkins of LibertyLondonGirl will be discussing numerous fashion-related topics
Lunches with Amanda Mackenzie Stuart to launch her book “Diana Vreeland Empress of Fashion” and Chloe Fox discussing “Vogue On…Alexander McQueen”
Styling backstage for Amanda Wakely for Bath In Fashion last year.