During London Fashion week I always try to pop by a few shows or presentations in between the shows I am working on. It’s so much fun to rummage through another makeup artists makeup bag to see what products they love to use. I went to see the Saloni Lodha‘s presentation headed by makeup artist Georgina Graham and sponsored by MAC. Georgina wanted the models to have the feel of hot house flowers. The look was really beautiful. It was delicately highlighted and had an interesting lip that went from tangerine blended into a violet purple. It had a sense of ladies in the steamy heat of New Orleans. I fell in love with this new lavender MAC fix+ she was using. It looked gorgeous on the model’s skin. I loved it so much that I went straight to the MAC Pro shop to get some only to be told that she was using a sample of a product that hadn’t even come out yet, as were quite a few of the products she used! MAC often test runs their products with various artists during fashion week before they mass produce them. Oh the makeup envy!!
Here’s a list of what products Georgina used to get the Saloni makeup look
MAC Care blends Essential oils, MAC Studio Moisture lush moisturiser, MAC Lip Conditioner
MAC Face & Body Foundation, MAC Studio Stick Foundation was pre mixed with MAC Cream Colour Base in Bronze to create a cream textured bronzer
MAC Creme Blusher So Sweet So Easy, MAC Silver Dusk Iridescent Powder
MAC Eye Shadow Dialiance, MAC Lash Curlers, MAC Zoom Mascara Lofty Brown
MAC Pro Lip Quad
1. Prep skin using Mac Skin Oils, work well into the skin, followed by Moisture Lush moisturiser and lip conditioner.
2. Blot excess sebum from skin with a tissue.
3. Curl Lashes well.
4.Lightly apply Face & Body foundation, thicken foundation and use as a concealer where needed. Not forgetting ears.
5. Silver Dusk to be applied above cheekbone as a highlight, bridge of nose and cupids bow.
6. Eye Shadow applied to centre of the eye lid as a horizontal highlight and blended softly at the edges.
7.Pre-mixed foundation and cream colour based applied as a vertical highlight to the cheek bone.
8. New Cream colour ‘So Sweet So Easy’ to be applied to the apples of the cheeks.
9. Apply Mascara to curled eyelashes top and bottom
10. New Mac Pro Lip Quad, softly pressed into the lip with fingers and then with a brush apply alternative colour to the lip to create dual toned lip.
11. Finish look with a generous spray of Fix Plus.