Oh my god, so London Fashion Week is just around the corner and I for one am excited. I’m not too thrilled about the flu like symptoms I’ve suddenly come down with but I shall plough on, I have to – I am not allowed to be ill during fashion week.
New York is coming to an end now, I normally love New York Fashion Week, it usually has glitz and glamour in spades but I was a little disappointed this season. Fair enough Posh was there in her thigh high boots, Rachel Bilson was snapped outside the tents looking gorgeous, a little predicable but stunning never the less. Perez made it on the front row and apparently got in an altercation with Bruce Willis.
But I wanted more!
I wanted Chloe Sevigny there rocking a wacky trend, I wanted Rihanna sitting front row looking her usual foxy self, and deep down I wanted Michelle Obama with Jason Woo on her arm. A girl can dream I suppose.
So who will grace us with their presence this weekend, rumour has it Editor in Chief of American Vogue Anna Wintour might come. Who else I wonder… The Geldofs? Definitely. Alexa Chung? Maybe. Madonna and Jesus? I most certainly hope so.
This will be my third season working the shows, going out and taking street style pictures for Elleuk.com. I’ve learnt some golden rules from past experience and here are my top tips:
1. Flat shoes – they are a must. People aren’t there to see you so why put on skyscraper heels? Or if you must, get the brogues in your bag, you will need them.
2. Google maps – If you have no sense of direction like myself this should be bookmarked.
3. Always take an umbrella – it is England after all
4. Don’t be shy – seeing celebrities and approaching really stylish people can be quite daunting but they are normal (most of the time)
5. Drink – don’t do it. Free drink is the devil in disguise.
6. Paracetamol – see number 5 – you, like me will never learn.
7. Enjoy yourself – that’s the most important thing.
Follow my tweets from the world of fashion here
XOXO guys and girls