If haven’t already heard of William Tempest, you will.
- He was one of the four finalists of Fashion Fringe 2008.
- He did a two-year national diploma course in fashion design and textiles when he was only 16.
- He graduated with a first class honours degree in womenswear design from London College of Fashion.
- He worked four seasons with Giles Deacon and went to Paris to work with Jean Charles de Castelbajac.
- He’s designed some pieces for Madonna.
The model is L’atesha at IMG and that’s Lan doing the make-up.
Last week we shot William’s pre A/W 09 collection. I was surprised he did a mid season collection as he’s so busy working on his A/W 2009 collection, which he plans to show at London Fashion Week!
Why did you do a pre-collection?
WT – Pre-collection is becoming much more of a focus for buyers, my pre- fall 09 collection will give me an added opportunity to present my label and to find further stockists. It’s about placing my label more competitively, if I can offer a selection of new styles mid-season then this is great for my customer.
Have you dresses any one famous? Do you do commissions?
WT – I recently dressed Emma Watson for the premier of her new film ‘The Tale of Despereaux’. She heard about me as she came to my show last September. It was a really fantastic opportunity making some pieces for her and she looked absolutely stunning in the outfit she wore, she has the confidence to pull it off!
Emma Watson wore one of William’s dresses to the premiere of her latest film, Tales of Despereaux!
This is a picture of William on his holiday! He had his holiday snaps printed onto fabric that he used for his Spring Summer 09 collection.