I’m working with The Sunrise & Big Chill and we’re doing
Ethical Fashion Show and Upcoming Ethical Designer Competition at the festival on Saturday August 2nd! I’ll be styling the show! The Big Chill Nights Arena is 40m by 40metres, the stage is 10m by 9m with a 16ft catwalk and a huge video screen at the back. Aveda will be doing the hair and make up. And we will be featuring some of the best ethical fashion designers in the UK:
- EDUN – Organic and fair trade clothing Company founded by Bono and Ali Hewson
- THE ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE FOUNDATION – campaigns to stop child labour and deadly pesticide use in the cotton industry.
- HOWIES – Stylish Organic clothes co and ethical think tank based in Wales.
- KATHERINE HAMNETT – A legend of the Fashion world will show some slogan t-shirts and clothes.
- AMANA – Central St Martins Graduates who produce exceptional designs ethically produced.
- FINISTERRE – (Observer Ethical Designers of the Year) cutting edge, technological, all terrain eco clothing.
- BEYOND SKIN – vegetarian and vegan shoes now available in organic cotton.
- PEOPLE TREE – fair trade, ecologically sound clothing helping to alleviate poverty in the worlds most marginalised communities.
- PANTS TO POVERTY – On a mission to rid the world of bad pants this campaigning ethical company will change the way you think about your knickers!
- IZZY LANE – ethical fashion reared in Britain using wool from animals who would be sent to slaughter in 2006/7 she saved 500 sheep.