Most stylists & their assistants know how to steam and iron. I love steamers. I’m not big on ironing but it’s important to know how to iron a shirt. If you can iron a shirt while it’s still slightly damp it will wrinkle less and look nice and crisp. On occasion I’ve used a shirt starch. look nice and crisp. On occasion I’ve used shirt starch.
- Collar: Start with the underside
- Shoulder yoke: Slip each shoulder over the narrow end of the board and press from shoulder to centre of the back
- Cuffs: Inside first, then outside
- Sleeves: Iron cuff opening side first, then the reverse
- Body: Use wide end of the board, iron front panels first, then the back
FYI: The first ironing table was patented in 1858 by W. Vandenburg. Vandenburg would file an additional six ironing board patents over the next four years. In 1870 JH Mallory patented the ironing board that resembles the modern day ironing board.